Sunday, May 13, 2012

Can not send GoDaddy Email from iPhone

After trying multiple solutions, this worked.

First I deleted the account on my iPhone so I could 'start over'. This link, Godaddy: iPhone - Setting up Email, takes you to clear instructions to add a GoDaddy email address screenshot by screenshot (Click the big green button, "Screen-by-Screen"). However, after doing the above, I still get a message that says email can't be sent, and "do I want to turn off SSL?" Just for now, select 'yes'. Outgoing email will now work. But then DO turn SSL back on. Here's how:

GoDaddy: Enabling Email with SSL on Your iPhone
Note the instructions say "6. Tap save" but there is no Save that I can see. Simply back out of the screen and the changes should have stayed. You can go back into the Advanced section again to see that the changes stayed if you want. Mine did.

The site says you may need to start your iPhone for the changes to take effect. I did not have to do that.

And don't you love how GoDaddy has a survey button at the bottom of each support post that invites you to rate the article, but the only option is "This was helpful". Geez. Says a lot about GoDaddy.

For the iPad, be sure:
Incoming Mail Server port and Outgoing Mail Server port is set to one of the below (see under "Email Server Settings" further below)!! I use SSL, and you should too.

You can also download the GoDaddy email App which works as a standalone app, but I like to get my email within my email client.

More Info:
iPhone settings per GoDaddy site (while I was logged into their email client):

Email Server Settings:

ServerStandard PortsYour Open Ports    
Incoming server (POP3):
pop.secureserver.net
110, 995 (SSL)110, 995 (SSL)
Outgoing server (SMTP):
smtpout.secureserver.net
80, 3535, 25, 465 (SSL)80, 3535, 25, 465 (SSL)



More Links from GoDaddy:


Creative Commons License The above work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. If you are reading this post on other than http://www.digital-qa.blogspot.com/, then this post has been scrapped in violation of that license.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...